Cormyr is an independent nation in Interior Faerûn. The country is under threat from all sides and struggling to hold onto order. The country is feeling the effects of the recent Goblin War and the death of King Azoun IV. Bandits inhabit the roads and remnants of orc and goblin armies inhabit the forests. The town of Tilverton was destroyed in a battle against the Shadovar, leaving the strategically important northeast of the country open to raiders wishing to invade.
Adventuring is frowned upon without an official license, but adventurers could likely lend a tremendous amount of aid to the overstretched Cormyrian military. Lady Alusair has been known to offer land in exchange for services rendered to her country, so this is a place adventurers wanting to make a name for themselves tend to flock to.
Laws of Cormyr
- All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
- Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
- Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group.
- All weapons must be peace-bonded. The only persons exempt from this law are members of chartered adventuring groups and members of mercenary groups that can offer proof of employment.
- Harming cats is forbidden.
- Bow your head to royalty and the local nobility.
- Purple Dragons have the right to search you upon request.
- Hunting on private land is forbidden.